Welcome to YAAK Adventures


WELCOME TO YAAK ADVENTURES

Live Richly, Live Free. Embrace All The Blessings From Our Creator and Marvel in His Creation.







Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Difference with Merry Men and Working Women









/a> Silly Blogger won't let me add captions, but above includes our family trips to A Hot spring in Canada, another day at a rec center in Canada, and some other random ones :-) Last weekend we went snowboarding. Turned out it was very eventful, as my husband crashed and suffered a 3rd degree ac separation in his shoulder. It was really a huge bummer as he is off from work now until it heals. Its nice having him home, but not with that!! I have a mounting list of goals to accomplish and I'm not sure that they'll ever all get finished (Christmas cards for one). Almost every waking second is another moment of goals I'm trying to make happen. I wake up, walk down the stairs and before I can reach for my coffee (black now, mind you), I have to drink a glass of water. Why? Because I'm determined to get into a bikini when I go to Hawaii with my husband. Followed by that glass of water, is the strategies of how I will stretch my calories out over the course of the day. I make my husbands breakfast, goal of being a good wife. Wake the kids up for morning devotions, goal of making sure they are spiritually fed. Do devotions, prayer and then start school, home school goal; consistency. After everybody is lined up for the day, fed and maybe the dishes are in the dishwasher (goal of keeping a clean house), I am up to pray and dress for a run, back to The God thing and weight loss. The rest of the day doesn't change much, unless of course work calls. Then i need to go in because of (goal of paying bills and getting out of debt). On and on it goes until i have almost driven myself berserk with ambition. All my calories are logged, school corrected, meals made, kitchen cleaned, miles ran, hours worked, etc etc etc. It never ends, I am never ahead, but I often fall behind. New goals always replace the old as they are checked off on my tablet of goals to accomplish for the day. Somehow deep down inside, these goals drive me. Meanwhile, my husband, asleep on the chair, accomplished his first few goals of the day. He did math with the kids. He took some pictures, cleaned snow off a vehicle, and did whatever man things he needed to do. I could think of a zillion goals for him to work on, but those would not be graciously accepted and I might be accused of nagging. I wonder how he can sleep when all these goals are in need of accomplishing. He might even read a comic book before he heads out to do the next man thing, which I am considerably ignorant of. I ask him what he is thinking and he tells me "nothing, why?" These differences greatly confuse and frustrate my goals because for some reason I think every one should be like me, driven, without being able to stop and and smell the roses. Perhaps "Miss Driven" needs to be another one of my widely written about personalities along with Miss Belly Fat ;-) Luke 10:40 amp "But Martha [overly occupied and too busy] was distracted with much serving; and she came up to Him and said, Lord, is it nothing to You that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me [to lend a hand and do her part along with me]! 41 But the Lord replied to her by saying, Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things; 42 There is need of only one or but [a]a few things. Mary has chosen the good portion [[b]that which is to her advantage], which shall not be taken away from her."

No comments: