Welcome to YAAK Adventures


WELCOME TO YAAK ADVENTURES

Live Richly, Live Free. Embrace All The Blessings From Our Creator and Marvel in His Creation.







Thursday, April 28, 2011

My Patient Husband and Other Events.....



My husband with Moonbeam and cousins......



Sock Fashion Expert LOVES Grandpa......





The Anniversary Cake....










Easter Weekend the men headed out into the furthest parts of wilderness by snowmobile....




On our way home from MN, my husbands generous middle brother gives their littlest brother this cool car!!






Elasta Woman and I at Easter Service with little ones in tow.....





My boys checking out the Ford Easter Afternoon....



My husband and I out on our Easter Afternoon 4 wheeler adventure....





Papa giving baby a "sit"






Me and my neice.....




Cousins Roaring Laughter and Running!!



Sweet MN moments...



Moonbeam's great grandma who she is named for (no the grandmas name isn't moonbeam :-) )


There are a lot of things to tell......and i haven't any idea where to start. How about if I just give you a few bullets to start :
- My men found wounded lion tracks crossing our property. Nobody knows how or why, but a seriously wounded lion is prowling about, (hopefully dead).
- A trail camera picked up the amazing find of a FOX (feasting on a dead animal)!! Until this positive proof emailed to us today, we did not know they existed in this part of the country. Maybe if i get the gumption i'll put some of those pics up soon.....
- Easter was a super fun weekend. The men took off to the furthest remote places by snowmobile while Elasta Woman and i hid Easter Baskets for the kids, did egg coloring and tested our "fitness" on 9 grueling stages out of my "Fitness" magazine. Would you believe i just barely achieved "Super Star" status (LOL!!). After ward we had an amazing BBQ with the exhausted men.
- The Sunday Service and Brunch was also memorable. That afternoon we relaxed and played. While the kids went out fishing and running, My wonderful husband took me on an exciting 4-wheeler ride among the melting forest slopes.
- Moonbeam did her first real TINKLE on the potty frog!! She has now been promoted to celebrity status and wears her "pick ups" (pull ups) proudly. Her brother gave her a box of Nerds for her heroism. She sat back on the rinsed out potty chair eating them. Then to my horror she dropped one in, picked the wet candy out and stuffed it in her mouth - eeeww!! I told her "no no!!" When she was done sitting, her brother thought she had done something special again. That is until he discovered the items in the potty frog were none other than waterlogged Nerds ;-)
- THIS SUNDAY is my 7.3 mile Bloomsday Run. My good Buddie "The Dolphin goddess" hurt her knee, so rather than the luxury motel, mall shopping and fun trip, it has changed to my riding down with a friend from work mega early in the AM. Should be an adventure as i've never done anything with her before :-)
________________________________________________________________
The other morning we were getting ready to take Super Catman to the Orthodontist. I donned a pair of Capri's I found for $1 at a second hand store a month or two ago. I asked him what he thought, he said "fine dear". As the day progressed, I noticed that the Capri's looked terrible.




They were baggy in the butt and looked really funny like maybe i pooped my pants or something. There was enough room in the rear to fit a second or maybe third butt. Come to think of it, they looked like they were made for a lady with a big bubbly rear. The more I looked at them on me in the reflections of store mirrors, the more upset I became.




Finally, after he started laughing about somebody wearing something bizarre at Walmart, I blew up "you notice everything about everybody else, but you never even noticed how terrible these pants look on me!" Time stops. There is a look of frustration and male puzzlement on his face. He has NO CLUE why I am upset. Suddenly I am sure that people are thinking to themselves "why would she wear those terrible pants to town? She looks a like a real hill billy." I rush to find the hair dye, noticing that my roots are growing out. Minute by minute things start looking worse. I try on some exercise shirts for the run this weekend. They are ALL too tight. "I must be gaining weight too!!" I start obsessing. My husband meets up with me and starts joking about my pants because he still does not know why I am so distraught.



On and on these emotional outbursts seem to occur, but my darling husband continues to hold his tongue and try and act in a comforting manner. He has the patience of a saint :-) He doesn't ask for much, my dear husband. Every morning he wants to eat eggs with runny yoke and potatoes. If I am busy, emotional, or working that night he makes them himself, otherwise I make them. Even if I'm making some other time consuming breakfast (waffles, pancakes, etc), he always wants the same thing - eggs and potatoes make him happy. He likes to drink a cup of tea at night and in the morning. He asks to be left alone when he's working on a mechanical project. He rarely spends much money on himself. He rarely goes out with friends. He never complains about anything. He gets up every morning and corrects the children's math and then teaches each one a new lesson. He participates in family devotions each morning and prays with the children. He prefers to play "Risk" or watch a family movie with the kids at night while I'm snuggled up by his side rather than go "out" or pursue his own hobbies. "Out" for him is a hike in the woods or a ride on his 4-wheeler. He likes to sneak a candy treat to Moonbeam and tell her she looks "pretty". She cocks her head back and forth and then runs to the mirror to see. He stops what he's doing if he thinks I need him. Every day he seems to sacrifice something of his own time to give to me.
Recently I started reading "Managing Your Emotions" along with "The Virtuous Wife". It seems to be a good compliment to it ;-) Hopefully I will get better at not getting mad at him for "not telling me my pants look terrible" and other assorted silly reasons ;-) I'm also working on not bugging him while he works on replacing an engine he's been hired to do - lol!! How's your wife -o- meter running?
































1 comment:

Ron & Maria said...

Love your family pictures.
I think I'll check into my wife-0-meter...... I might qualify as a brat.... oh, I'm afraid.... sounds like you have a terrific guy!