Hello All :-) Sorry again for all my delinquent blogging. Partly it just hasn't been in my heart. I have been through a lot of personal challenges over the past few months. It is taking me a while to get caught up with everything. Baili graciously awarded me this award. I have to list 7 things about myself in accepting it. Here they are :
1. I am running Bloomsday (7.2 mile) run in Spokane in 2 weeks!! That is exciting for me because i didn't even think i could run that far. One day I just had this feeling like it was what God was leading me to do. Amazingly my daughter started running long distances and pushing me to do it with her. I was just amazed that we could consistently run 6 and 7 miles together. I guess God has a good plan in it :-)
2. I started another sugar fast yesterday. Again, one of the bizarre things I felt I should embark on. I'm going to try and go 2 weeks without white sugar and concentrated sweets in my diet :-)
3. I fall apart daily but God gives me supernatural grace. I look like a virtuous, got it together wife and mother. The truth is most days I'm a wreck. The only thing that keeps me sane is worship music, prayer and a patient husband and kids ;-)
4. I am alive when I am basking in the summer sun next to a lake wearing as little as I can modestly get away with. I'm also alive when I'm running, swimming and hiking through the forest. The forest sets me free and I feel Gods presence around me.
5. I have become obsessive about praying "The Power of a Praying Wife Prayers" over my husband daily. I recently obtained a copy of "The Power of a Praying Parent" - bwahahaha!
6. Fear is my worst enemy.
7. I love dogs, especially German Shepherds. I gawk at them when I see them around and secretly believe someday I'm going to have one again :-)
Okay, here are the people I would like to award "The Versatile Blogger Award" to. They are all very versatile, though they are true to a flavor and diversity all their own :
The Mama Has Spoken - because she always gives me a good laugh!
Mama Bugs Blog - because she inspires me with her Godly attitude and backwoods adventures!
Amber - because she always has something nice to say to everybody and she is faithful.
Julia Christie - Because she is an OUTSTANDING artist whose pictures come alive. Even though I'm not into art, she makes me want to keep coming back for more of hers :-)
The Modest is Hottest Girls - because they are everything that i am not
Mama Bear - because she loves God and her family and never stops trying to inspire us to do the same.
Blessed Mom - because every blog post awes me and takes my breath away
Kimberly - because she lets us grow with her and makes her home her domain
They all have blogs worth reading and are truly worthy of the above award!!
Remember me in my meat plight. When we returned from Minnesota we discover our largest freezer was kaput! Oh oh oh!! I should be thankful that a lot of it was still partly frozen and the rest was cold!! I cooked up pounds upon pounds of hamburger along with 5 roasts. The little freezers are stuffed full - every nook and cranny! We threw away 2 trash bags of what was the most replaceable. Stubbornly, I have made smoothies every day because I can't bear to toss all my hard work in fruit! Now the big challenge is how to use up what is in the refrigerator before it wastes! Pray I will become a MEATY MEAL MAKEN MAMA in a hurry ;-)