Welcome to YAAK Adventures


WELCOME TO YAAK ADVENTURES

Live Richly, Live Free. Embrace All The Blessings From Our Creator and Marvel in His Creation.







Thursday, March 24, 2011

Working Mom Blues and The Time Jam

Figured I'd add a few more party pics up here................









Being the part'e chick that I am, I had decided to do a double header. On Saturday, was The Sock Fashion Experts surprise party. On Sunday was my husbands. We will be travelling out of state on their real birthdays and I was to start my stretch of 3 - 12 hour night shifts right after the weekend ended, so Sunday was the only day available! It actually helped a little doing it that way because each of them knew the other one was getting a surprise party. That gave them no suspicion for my secretive phone calls and plan coordinating.
Sunday Morning, bright and early, we headed out for church. After church, some of our close friends headed over to hang out with us. I made home made egg rolls and stir fry. The Sock Fashion Expert made an incredible Angel Food Cake with Home made ice cream, whipped cream and strawberries - Amazing! My friends helped me cooking in the kitchen too. After we gals got out for a quick hike, the men went out shooting. Then we all watched a movie together and some more people came up and crashed the party.
I tried to treat my husband like a king by dishing up his dinner and giving him the biggest plate of dessert and being attentive to his needs in front of his friends. Then I sat on the floor while he watched the movie and massaged his feet. After that I snuggled with him. He seemed to look satisfied and happy most of the day. I like that look.......
Monday was our accountability group and I had suggested we write 40 attributes about our husbands to share. We read from "Sparkling Gems", "The Power of a Praying Wife", and the Bible. It was a good group and we bonded in prayer. Then I rushed out to get ready for work. After my 3 shifts are over, I will have one day to pack before we head off out of state on another colorful adventure along with my husbands brother, Chet! Crazy Upside down busy!
The house has become a place of disarray, but there is not a thing I can do about it. Thankfully the new washer and dryer can do ginormous loads and my dear husband did some while I've been gone. Miss Moona looked rather sticky and cruddy yesterday when I took her outside for a short bout with fresh air but I didn't have time to give her a bath. Then when I was getting my work stuff together I found her eating a jelly sandwich which I never gave her - ugh! School fell behind as well. I ended up having to take it all to work with me so I could get it corrected and assigned. Amazingly the kids have kept up and then some. They are knocking off subjects like flies. When we get back 2 of the 3 will be down to half time days. Amazing!
Stay tuned for a lot of excitement and adventure in the next few weeks as we make our way through the Land of 10,000 lakes.................................

"Those darn crackers, they will be the downfall of civilization" - That co-worker

4 comments:

mamahasspoken said...

I always had job envy with those who worked 12 hour shifts for three days and then had four days off. After reading this, I think I've changed my mind. Have fun on your trip too!

baili said...

loved your amazing activities dear and the way you mentioned about massaging your husband's feet.

it is great pleasure to have you .
wishing you best of luck for each dream in life.
god bless

Simple Home said...

Enjoy your trip out of state. I look forward to seeing your photos. Happy birthday to your loved ones :-)
Thank you so much for your prayers for my nephew Jordan. He has been improving and may even be able to return to the states next week. Then his family will be able to join him. They need to be together, so we're praying that the next few days go well.
Blessings,
Marcia

Mama Bear said...

Life looks full for you, and sounds like you're balancing it all well! Hope your trip away gives you some rest. I like the sounds of your accountability group!

You're a good wife too! And thanks for always taking us on an adventure when we visit your blog!