Welcome to YAAK Adventures


WELCOME TO YAAK ADVENTURES

Live Richly, Live Free. Embrace All The Blessings From Our Creator and Marvel in His Creation.







Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Going to the Sun....

Contrary to your thinking, this indeed, is no middle aged crime boss, but it is our very own "Art Dog" during intermission from the "buzz" Archer was giving him ;-)




Here, he has been ruefully assigned a kitchen cleaning job.....

The Girls Camping




Miss Moonbeam doing who knows what?!? and with a lot of attitude ;-)






My Motocross Men





And our beloved Artdog again.....









My boyz out riding today.....







There is this place in Glacier National Park called "Going to the Sun" road. It is fitly named because it feels like you might be driving there. Its a beautiful place. Some of our friends are coming out from MN to go to a camp near there. After that they are coming to visit us! If I can butter up my husband enough, we just might get to take in a few days of that family camp ;-) Anyhow, as I was saying, "Going to the Sun" road got me thinking.........



Over the past several months, I've been through more than my share of challenges. Lots of feelings flood my being to the point where I don't know what to believe. Emotions are just emotions and they aren't reliable to what the truth always is, but they always feel real. That's when "Going to the Sun" road comes in. Theres this path, old and well travelled where I can go to find the truth and rest I need. Its the road where my battles cease and the destination is away by but moments......




Today, as I walked through the forest paths, the lupine were just coming into bloom. The purple splendor against the forest green carpet was just breath taking. I walked along that all familiar path until I reached an intersection. To go left or right would just take me down the dusty road, but following it ever so slightly to where the path can be found again, I headed down to my all familiar favorite place, maybe in all the world. Its a path along which the lupine bloom amongst other wild flowers. As you begin to descend you can see the crystal clear waters of my favorite mountain lake. Its the best kept secret where few venture, but many return. There I sat and found myself "Going to the Son". Something amazing happens every time. I just have to remember that path. When I close my eyes in meditation, any place on earth, and purpose to enter into His presence, He is there. Suddenly the sonlight splashes through my soul and the heart that seems so broken finds rest and restoration once again.




As the once empty, once devastated, once broken woman found peace near the waters, I was reminded that the reason we share our faith is so that others, too, might find that peace and wholeness. It was then that I wanted to post about finding that road called "Going to the Son"......................................





Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”

3 comments:

Amber said...

Great pictures! Love little Moonbeam, what a cutie with attitude! And what fashion sense!

Your favorite place sounds absolutely beautiful. Sounds very peaceful and full of the Lord!
Glad you have somewhere so wonderful to get away and find peace.

Heather said...

Thank you for sharing this with us so we, too, can know that there's hope and rest in God in the middle of struggles or devastating circumstances.

Love you!

Becky said...

I hope someday to see that road in Glacier National Park. Speaking of time alone, my men have gone camping. Alone time is so sweet when spent with our Lord.