Here I am again.....waiting on miracles to happen. There is nothing worse than trying to make things "happen" and getting ahead of God, so in memory of all that I have taken the liberty to post some praise reports of things God is doing and has done for our family. We are ON THE EDGE of finding a house to buy near the city because...
- I work there
- Our oldest is taking his CNA training there and has to work 6 months in exchange for the training.
- My husband is working there at the airport. We're super excited because he is trading a good portion of his labor for air time/training. He can finally get his commercial pilots license after all these years. That would be such a good thing for him :-)
- The commute in the winter is an hour and a half one way.
And so in light of that, my husband has assigned me the duty of finding a house and organizing financing, etc. It is a lot of work. I remember last winter I was focused on "Operation Hawaii" which never happened. I hated wasting all that time and energy on something that didn't happen. Part of me wants to push ahead and "make things happen". The other part of me doesn't want to do anything at all because of the times things didn't work out when I invested a lot of time and energy. Still that Still Small Voice reminds me to plod on purposefully, not taking any of that into account. So here are my reminders, maybe for myself, of things God has already done.................
1. The Archer got his bull elk this past weekend!! That man hunted hard with incredible skill and cunning. If you heard his story of how he bagged this big boy, you'd feel awed at his amazing hunting ability. Speaking of The Archer, he has faced many a wild predator of the forest and still came home.....
2. Art Dog got lost in the woods this past week. He finally found a creek to follow out, but wouldn't have made it out till after dark. As he was praying, The Still Small Voice told him to go up a hill. He didn't want to because the creek was all he knew for sure. Still, he obeyed and it caused him to find his way out before dark. He also faced a Grizzley bear this past fall and came home unharmed.
3. I once made a 300,000 real estate error by "pushing" and God delivered us out of it supernaturally by putting a $50 black and white no picture ad in a major paper once. This was after 3 Realtor listings of it!!
4. I've been married for 20 years and God has not only some how kept us together, but He continues to work miracles in us.
5. We once bought a repossession and sold it for a good profit by my putting up an ad on a bulletin at a grocery store.
6. Our heavy equipment business came from nothing, served a purpose, and maintains no debt.
7. God spared The Sock Fashion Expert's finger when we were in India, as she had a terrible crushing injury causing an open fracture to it.
8. God healed Art Dog's head after he had a traumatic fall many years ago. Thats another amazing story altogether....
9. I prayed for friends one day and God gave me all kinds of good ones who are life long wonderful women of depth who inspire and encourage me in amazing ways. They enrich my life on a regular basis...
10. I some how made it through nursing school all those year ago and I get to have a job I love working in an Emergency Room.
11. I got to have a super awesome summer - including my cousins wedding, scads of camping adventures, a 20th wedding honeymoon with a boat, athletic endeavors, tanning, water and all manner of fun.
12. My husband has a job he loves to do.
13. My kids all love God. They all hear Him. They all serve Him.
14. When we moved to Montana, we didn't have the money to even get here and God supernaturally provided in so many amazing and miraculous ways.
15. After a tragic miscarriage, God gave me Miss Moonbeam. He said "before these blossoms come again you will have a baby" and I did.
16. He said there was "destiny" in things that took time to happen, but they did.
17. I got to see India for 2 months and meet the family I spent my whole life wondering about.
18. I got my puppy Miss Libby Liberty after waiting soooo long :-)
19. My husband has spent a lot of time lately trying to make me happy. We even got to go out on a date last week :-)
20. As messed up as a kid as I was, I somehow have stumbled into a wonderful life with a good family and a lot of love. Most thankfully, God has been faithful to keep me close :-)
21. I somehow lost and kept off almost 50lbs. So many things I never thought I could do, I have done.....
Okay, well thats a good start to a lot of things I am thankful for. There are many many more. Surely finding a cheap, but livable place for our family is something God is very capable of providing :-) I bet it won't be long before I have to edit "Yaak Adventures" to a new chapter of living......