Welcome to YAAK Adventures


WELCOME TO YAAK ADVENTURES

Live Richly, Live Free. Embrace All The Blessings From Our Creator and Marvel in His Creation.







Monday, September 7, 2009

Naster Blaster and the Rat



Our small community hosts a variety of personalities. The remote, eccentric, rugged beauty in which we live is unique. Consequently, it compliments the remote, eccentric, rugged people who dwell within. We who dwell here are an independent, strong and spirited people. We are passionate about what we believe and passionate about this place that we have the privilege to live in. There is no place like it in all the world.
Recently, I was challenged about my belief system. I'll tell you the story in my paraphrased imagination so as not to offend anybody. My belief system is important to me. Though we now attend a community church, I will never forsake the roots from which my own faith grew.
As Naster Blaster approached, the sky became very dark. He furrowed bushy eyebrows and pointed a gnarled finger straight at me. "Heathen Woman" he bellowed! "The doctrine of your church came from the bowels of hell!" he fumed. Ok, most of that was my imagination retelling the story. "How dare you believe what you have been taught?!" "My doctrine is far superior to yours, in fact, yours is wrong. As you can see, I am much more learned than you. If you do not believe how I believe you will most certainly be banished to eternal damnation". A thick fog enveloped the scene and an eerie glow illuminated from the creepy character. My imagination would have continued on had it not been for somebody else on the scene. Somebody much more hot headed. That somebody was my temper. It's true, just ask my husband, I have a terrible temper. Disgustedly, I realized that the fog enveloping the group was actually smoke coming out of my ears. I got redder and redder and soon warning alarm sirens started sounding in the form of sighs and groans. Then another voice could be heard. "Don't do anything to attract attention" wined fear.
This war may have gone on for quite some time, and probably would have had I not decided to consult somebody less listened to. Quietly, from the back of the room a small voice spoke up. She waited her turn patiently listening to all the other voices. When she cleared her throat, however, all eyes were on her. Sister Wisdom has just that kind of reputation. When she speaks, everybody stops to hear what she has to say. From past experience, listening to her, always leads the listener down the right path. "Excuse me, but doesn't the man's inaccurate words just reaffirm what you know to be true?" I stopped and pondered that for a moment. "Yes, but he slandered what I hold to be true" I moaned. "But he ignited a passion in you to reaffirm its truth". I paused, my temper fleeing as quick as it had arrived. Suddenly I knew the truth and was no longer in the fog.

Not long ago, I picked up a cat for our legendary son, "Catman", who has wanted one for years. It's a small black kitten I got from a farm brood. We hadn't had a pet for several years. Catman, ecstatic, graced it with many titles. Eventually, he settled on "Puma Kitty". Today my husband was shocked to hear a loud squeak and find this! Puma Kitty has made a name for himself. As you can see, he's not very big, but he wasn't afraid to take on this huge pack rat! Hopefully he will inspire me (and you) not to be afraid of the adversity we face, but to challenge it with wisdom, truth and passion. Try not to uh... cough up any hair balls in the process.

2 comments:

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

About the first paragraph, you have quite the talent for writing. Very descriptive and entertaining. You should write a book!
Puma Kitty is a good mouser as my sister the farmer would say :)

Becky said...

I am glad that Catman is enjoying his friend Puma Kitty. I am sure Catman would like our kitties too. My life has pretty much always had cats in it. One of our cats caught a big rat and laid it on the doormat in the morning. When I stepped out in the morning I stepped right on it.

As for Naster Blaster, well I do not rightly know what to say about him. But I must confess I have a temper too and the Lord has used different situations to help me along. Count it up as the Lord loving you.