Welcome to YAAK Adventures


WELCOME TO YAAK ADVENTURES

Live Richly, Live Free. Embrace All The Blessings From Our Creator and Marvel in His Creation.







Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Super Catman and His Faithful Steed




I've never been impressed with our ugly blue couch. In fact, most times I enter my living room, I scowl silently, as it is truly an eye sore. When company comes over, I am secretly a little bit embarrassed of it. I have long looked for another one to replace it, but buying a new one seems a little bit out of reach. Replacing my old couch with somebody else's old couch seems rather dismal and so I am at a stale mate with no end in sight.
Not long ago, our 7 year old, Super Catman, decided that the couch cushion was his faithful steed. He began roping it, mounting it and galloping it around the house. When he eats, he ties up the couch cushion steed at the table. At night, the cushion is tied to his bed frame. I have never seen any child derive so much pleasure out of an old couch cushion. Due to his heartfelt devotion to his cushion steed, I have consciously decided to no longer abhor that couch. Rather, I am relieved that I didn't spend money on a nice one. I would never have let him gallop around on a new couch cushion. I guess life's lessons are somewhat a matter of perspective.

Hebrews 13:5 (Amplified Bible)
5Let your [a]character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] [b]Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor [c]give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [d][I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor [e]let [you] down ([f]relax My hold on you)! [[g]Assuredly not!](A)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's cute- It always amazes me what my children create out of their surroundings! I feel pretty fortunate just to have a couch, it has a pretty good frame, the fabric is showing some wear and tear, I'm thinking I might slipcover it someday.

Friend of the Bear said...

What a really lovely post. Thank you!

Bearfriend xx

Simple Home said...

I loved this. We've always had older furniture. Most of it is sturdy, and that's whats important around here. We were blessed a few years back with a complete set of very well-built leather furniture, almost new...in a color I'd have never chosen :-) Thanks for sharing this story. I'll try not to dislike mine too much anymore.
Blessings,
Marcia

Becky said...

I have two sofas, my green monster sofa is beat up from all the living that we have done on it. My other sofa is stained up from all the living my brother and his family did while they had it. I like the scripture verse you quoted, it means so much to me.