Welcome to YAAK Adventures


WELCOME TO YAAK ADVENTURES

Live Richly, Live Free. Embrace All The Blessings From Our Creator and Marvel in His Creation.







Sunday, November 30, 2008

wreathing




Wreathing is another good way to get outdoors and exercise with the kids. We had fun picking evergreen boughs and berries. Then we made some wreaths. I love giving them away this time of year. Its fun having something nice to give away that didn't cost me any money. Just fresh air, fun and a giving spirit.

5 comments:

jessy said...

That is a lovely wreath. Every bit as pretty as the one I payed $25 dollars for this weekend!

outdoor.mom said...

thanks :-) that is sweet of you to say.

Heather said...

What do you wire the boughs to? Do you have metal rings?

outdoor.mom said...

Hi Heather :-) I have a wreathing table with wreathing rings, but......
You can do it with a heavy guage wire coat hanger. Just bend it into a circle and twist the hanging part into a loop. Then get small sprays of branches and wire each to the circle one on top of the other, tilted a little outward. Wrap each spray once or twice with the wire.
Thanks for asking :-)

Heather said...

Thank you, outdoor.mom! I remember when you taught me to do this years ago. I made a spray today with the extra boughs we had to cut off our Balsam Christmas tree to make it fit in the stand, and I was thinking of you.

Love you!