Welcome to YAAK Adventures


WELCOME TO YAAK ADVENTURES

Live Richly, Live Free. Embrace All The Blessings From Our Creator and Marvel in His Creation.







Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Heather's Femininity Challenge, Sweet Baboo Brand Nursing Shawl


My sister did a femininity challenge that I have been delinquent in. After some deliberation I decided to answer it with this picture and also do a product review at the same time. For Christmas this year, my mom and dad gave me a nursing shawl. It came in a very pretty bag with a matching burp cloth. It was so cute! It was also definitely upscale motherhood at it's finest ;-) I was delighted.
Though I've had 5 babies, I have never owned a nursing shawl until now. Honestly, it didn't seem all that necessary to me. I'm one of those nurse anywhere type chics as long as I have a blanket along. I am also a multi tasker to no end. I have been known to grocery shop while nursing, and a host of other things too numerous to mention. Being a working mom, a home school mom, and multi child mom, I am constantly moving. This product was just great!
Its a way to nurse discreetly without being excessively worried about flashing somebody in the process. The top is vented so you can see what's going on, give the baby some air, etc, but it remains private. The shawl is lightweight and easy to stuff in my purse. There is even a back corner of cloth on it to wipe a mouth. It's very pretty, practical and has that "this mom has got it together" type look.
Yesterday I went out with some friends to celebrate my birthday. We shopped until we about dropped. On the way out of town, a friend treated us to a hole in the wall place with the best burgers ever! I forgot to bring in a blanket, and there was my nursing shawl. It was just the right thing to have. It stayed on and I didn't have to give it another thought. I enjoyed my friends, nursed and had a great meal without disturbing any body. Here's her website if you want to check out her products. She does a really nice job on them. sweetbaboodesigns.etsy.com


2 comments:

Not your Happily Ever After said...

I'll have to check out the website. I'm a nurse wherever type of gal too. I use a swaddle blanket From AdenandAnaias.com Abby has learned how to yank those things off of me though and I've had a few of those oops moments where you hope you never see that person again.

Heather said...

Thanks, outdoor.mom! I told Heidi about your review and I know she'll be so pleased. She certainly deserves it. :)

You're so sweet--thank you for joining my Femininity Challenge!