This is our 3rd week (and tomorrow is our final day) of a trip back home to Northern Minnesota. I find that I have grown a lot since I've been here. I've also reminisced and been reminded of wonderful childhood memories that I had long forgotten. All these trips back into my mind and into peoples homes inspire me to be INCREDIBLY GRATEFUL for everything God has given me. I have a wonderful family. We are surrounded by people who love us and have been part of our growth. So many people have sown into our lives and into the lives of our children. Here are some wonderful memories :
1. It was 40 degrees BELOW ZERO and my dad got to take the ENTIRE week off because equipment can't run that cold. My mom, dad, their kids and all their grand kids spent all that time together having fun under the same roof - how special! We've not been together that long since Heather and I were living under that roof!
2. Kevin's Grandmother visited us this past fall all the way from Nebraska. She is our children's Great Grandmother. She made this special quilt for us which we just got tonight. WOW! (picture above) She is a remarkable woman.
3. All my family from Duluth came to see us at my aunts. It was so special and filled with so many good memories.
4. Kevin's parents spent a lot of quality time with the kids. They had a lot of fun together. He also got to see his brother, sister in law and niece. We got adorable pictures with them. It was a fun shopping day too.
5. The kids got to visit their dear friends the Todds. How special to see these kids growing up to be such wonderful people.
6. The dedication was incredible!
7. We are all getting older and I am learning to accept grey in my hair. I see that the legacy I am leaving behind is what's important, not how much I weigh, how much money I have to spend, or anything else.