Welcome to YAAK Adventures


WELCOME TO YAAK ADVENTURES

Live Richly, Live Free. Embrace All The Blessings From Our Creator and Marvel in His Creation.







Saturday, December 27, 2008

Mordic Walking - Back in the Saddle Again

Yes, today I decided to take up my pilgrimage again..... After the terrible gluttony of my Christmas shifts, I have decided that i must get some exercise in before our big trip to Minnesota. Today i dawned Moonbeam in my pack, and trudged through snow that was 3/4 up my lower leg. It was a beautiful day, and i enjoyed the first 5 minutes of it. I saw a couple of slow moving deer. I imagine snow this hard for me to move through must affect them. I saw a squirrel running up the tree. The brilliant white snow resting upon the tree branches almost took my breath away. Then reality set in. Boy this pack is really hurting me. Wow this snow is deep. Oh, this is a lot of work!! When i broke out onto the road, i observed it had not yet been plowed. Snowmobiles in the distance looked to be having a lot more fun than me. Here is the imaginary dialogue that I imagined they may have said to me :

"What the heck are you doing lady?!" (snowmobile person)
"I am Mordic - I mean Nordic walking" (me)
"oh" (snowmobiler)
"That (snowmobiling) looks like a lot of fun" (me)
"it is" (snowmobiler)
"that looks really stupid" (snowmobiler)
"i have got to find a better way to burn calories" (me)

Even the guy plowing on his 4-wheeler looked like he was having a good time. Well, yesterday, I did enjoy myself. It was a lot less painful not packing the baby through that stuff. I followed the same route. I think tomorrow I will snowboard and shovel snow instead.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Love your imaginary conversation with the snowmobiler. :)