Thursday, December 31, 2009
10 Juicy Morsels You Didn't Know About My Husband
"Nice Uniform" I complemented Nurse Clear Evening. "Thanks!" She smiled, "My husband made it.". Wow! None of us could say our husband's made our scrubs. Finally I had to brag about mine too..... "I was so comfortable snuggled up under the electric heating blanket on the way here." I continued on, "as you know, my husband drove me." One of the girls agreed she had seen him drop me off. Another chimed in "My husband drove me tonight too". All eyes were on her "but he didn't have to". The next bragged her husband made her homemade soup. On and on we bragged. "Yeah, well I bet you didn't know my husband is a super hero crime fighter!" OK, well I didn't really say that, but in the spirit of bragging on our men, I decided to put up this post. Here are 10 Juicy Morsels You Didn't Know About My Husband!!
1. I met (and instantly fell for) my husband when I was 16! I was out "cruising with a friend". He saw me, and he followed me into a base ball game. The first time I saw him I thought "That is the most gorgeous guy I have ever seen!"
2. He worked full time changing tires to support me while I went to college for nursing.
3. We've been married for 18 years (and together for 20).
4. He is faithful and trustworthy.
5. Every morning he does math with our kids. He's the best dad any kid could ask for!
6. He taught me how to shoot a gun! He tried to teach me how to skin a beaver too, but I wasn't all that interested.
7. He's always encouraged me to follow my dreams - becoming a nurse, participating in a long distance swim, having more kids, I could go on and on.
8. He reads my blog.
9. In high school, he fought to defend my honor twice! This earned him the nickname among many teens of "Kevbo" after "Rambo".
10. He loves God with all his heart, entertains a strong sense of patriotism and moral code. He's also "a natural" at almost everything he tries - flying airplanes, operating heavy equipment, snowboarding, whatever!
Sorry, I couldn't resist but to brag him up just a little!! He really is a superhero!!