Welcome to YAAK Adventures


WELCOME TO YAAK ADVENTURES

Live Richly, Live Free. Embrace All The Blessings From Our Creator and Marvel in His Creation.







Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Few Fun Pics

Up and out of the blue "The Archer" (our eldest son) says "I think I want to do this Sunday's message" at our Community Church, and sure enough he did!! I'm very proud of him :-)










Its rained cats and dogs here for weeks. One day I took the boys out for a walk during a break in the weather. It was misty and fine drops continued to shower us as we made our way to the river through the old, over grown forest road. Super Catman is attempting to impress me with his archer skills.


Art Dog found some reeds by the river and began blowing dandelion heads out of them.




Yesterday I spent the whole day at the lake with a bunch of my friends and misc children. It was great. The sun finally made an appearance. The kids played in the water. Us girls lounged around in the sun. Elasta Woman read us a few chapters of an exciting allegory/novel "Hinds Feet on High Places". It was just the perfect kind of day. The worst drama was hot dog stealing pups and a damsel in distress. Okay, well the boys pushed one of the girls out in a boat and her mom had to swim out to save her. Apparently that was quite entertaining to the children because they (including Art Dog) later pre-planned pushing Art Dog out in the boat without a paddle to see if I would come and save him. He was quite disgusted when I didn't plunge into the icy waters after him and he floated across to the other side. Eventually he found an old board and paddled it back just fine. Any how, as I was saying, I LOVE days like that. After spending the day lounging around, I grilled burgers and took a rugged evening hike with my husband. It was great :-)
In other interesting news, today The Archer FINALLY got his drivers license!! Hooray!! We have experienced an ongoing saga of trying to acquire it for the past several years. I will spare you the gory details. I also walked (yes in the rain again) today about 4-5 miles through the city pushing a stroller since I had an appointment else where and had been dropped off. Oh wow, do I take driving for granted.

4 comments:

Simple Home said...

How wonderful to read about your son giving the Sunday message. I love hearing about young people who have a heart for God.
Blessings,
Marcia

toytrkman said...

Yep, it has been tough getting The Archer out of the woods to get his license.

Unknown said...

Wow. Looks like you guys had a great time in the open. Too bad its raining that much. BTW, nice pictures...:)

Anonymous said...

Well, we get the rain first, then we all blow real hard and send it east! It's so neat to see our grown children serving Christ!