Welcome to YAAK Adventures


WELCOME TO YAAK ADVENTURES

Live Richly, Live Free. Embrace All The Blessings From Our Creator and Marvel in His Creation.







Thursday, January 20, 2011

God Bless The Sandman

Top of Our Driveway

Middle part of our driveway. (Bottom part curves around and down to meet the road.)

After 2 - 12 hour Emergency Room night shifts under a full moon, and a grocery / errand run, at noon yesterday, I woke up at the bottom of our drive way with the sick realization that I would be scaling it. Armed with 4 bags of groceries, I began the adventurous ascent. I'd only fallen down it once on the way down the day before and I was hopeful that I could do it today fall free.
Days before, my husband had discovered that the only way we were getting the chained 4wd up was to winch it, and that, in itself, was a dangerous proposition after several failed attempts.
After that, he announced to the family that all wood and groceries had to be hauled up by sweat. Rather than complaining, the kids made a game of hauling sleds full of wood up ice mountain to see who could pull the the most. It wasn't long before I was challenged and had to try the feat myself. Pulling up heavy weights on ice is quite the challenge, as there is a terrific force trying to make you slide backward. Though our drive way is the worst this year, God Bless the Sandman who came out to do the road the other day. I'm so relieved I don't have to chain up to get out of here any more........................................

**************************************************************************************************
In other news, check out The Sock Fashion Experts New Cooking Blog.
Also, Here's a Post on Art Dog's New Invention.
*************************************************************************************************
There are some other things I've been long overdue to blog about. I don't want to offend anybody, so if you're not into reading my "deep thought" sections, then STOP HERE. As I was saying, I've been long over due to talk about The Goodness of God. I don't know anybody who has seen more miraculous occurrences than me. I could talk about them till pigs fly and never be finished having stories to tell.
It seems like a majority of people have chronic or irreversible health circumstances. Some are worse off than others. Everybody has a story to tell. How we deal with those chronic conditions seems to make or break a person. People who focus on their problems tend to have those problems worse and more of them. Of course denial never helped anybody either. As much as some people believe that these chronic problems are "a gift from God", I don't hold to that either.
The Bible says in John 10:10 "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." I believe that God has good plans for your life. Plans for good "with a hope and a future". If you have convinced yourself that there is nothing good ahead, there probably won't be. If you chose to believe that there are no limits with God, anything is possible. Nothing on this earth permanent. Maybe modern medicine can't change your circumstances, but God can. The Bible also says that "A Merry Heart doeth good like a medicine, but a broken spirit drieth the bones." If you believe that nothing but worse is ahead, the depression, alone, will kill you. If you believe that there is a hope and a future ahead, a hopeful and joyful spirit ensues and you will, indeed, have good. Your outlook on your life is very much the direction that you will find yourself headed. Confessing The Word of God over yourself is a powerful way to change your circumstances. God's word is a supernatural substance that brings the power for change into your life dramatically when you use it. Deuteronomy says that God gives us a choice and then encourages us to "chose life".
Every time I struggle, I go back to the Word and find a way to apply it to my problems. I have this awesome little book that I've carried around for years with me that I keep in my Bible. Its called "Decree" by Patricia King. She took a lot of scriptures and put them together into sections of her book regarding particular areas of life. Its super easy to take a couple of minutes and read it out loud to yourself. Here's her section on healing. It would be a great idea for you to speak this over yourself each morning. Try it for a week and see how your outlook on life changes. Try it for 2 weeks and maybe the depression won't be quite so bad. Keep on with it, finding other scriptures for other areas and you might find that some of the chronic problems you've faced weren't so chronic after all...............
DECREE - Health and Healing (taken from pg 41-43)
I praise the Lord with all that is within me and do not forget any of His benefits. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases; He redeems my life from the pit and crowns me with love and compassion. Jesus satisfies my desires with good things, so that my youth is renewed like eagle's.
The Lord brings me to health and healing. He heals me and lets me enjoy abundant peace and security. The Sun of righteousness arises for me with healing in his wings, and I go out and leap like a calf released from the stall. Jesus bore my sins in his body on the cross, so that I might die to sin and live for righteousness. By his stripes I am healed. As my days are, so shall my strength be.
Jesus sent forth his word and healed me; He rescued me from the grave. When I cry out, the Lord hears me; He delivers me from all my troubles. The Lord is close to me when I am broken hearted and saves me when I am crushed in spirit. He has not given me a spirit of fear, but of love, power and of a sound mind.
At times I may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers me from them all; He protects all my bones; not one of them will be broken. I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love forever and ever.
When the Lord's servants lay hands on me I recover, and when I am sick, I call for the elders who pray over me, anointing me with oil in the name of the Lord. The prayer of faith saves me, and the Lord raises me up.
The Law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set me free from the law of sin and death. Jesus is the Resurrection and the life. Because I believe in Him, I will live for all eternity. In Christ I live, and move and have my being.
Because I dwell in the shelter of the Most High and rest in the Shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Surely He will save me from the Fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence. He covers me with his feathers, and under His wings I find refuge; His faithfulness is my shield and rampart. I do not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. A thousand may fall at my side, ten thousand at my right hand, but they will not come near me. I will only observe with my eyes, and see the punishment of the wicked. Because I make the Most High my dwelling - even the Lord, who is my refuge - then no harm will befall me, no disaster will come near my tent. He will command his Angels concerning me to guard me in all my ways; they will lift me up in their hands, so that I will not strike my foot against a stone. I will tread upon the lion and the cobra; I will trample the great lion and the serpent. Because I love the Lord, He will rescue and protect me from all accident, harm, sickness and disease He is with me in trouble and delivers me. With long life He satisfies me and shows me His salvation.
Because I consider the poor, the Lord will deliver me in times of trouble. The Lord will protect me and keep me alive, and I shall be blessed upon the earth. He will not give me over to the desire of my enemies. The Lord will sustain me upon my sickbed; in my illness, He will restore me to health.
Scripture References: Psalm 34:17-20, 41:1-3,52:8; 103:1-3; 91; 107:20; Deuteronomy 33:25; Jeremiah 33:6; Malachi 4;2, 1 Peter 2:24, Deuteronomy 33:25; Romans 12:1; John 11:25,26; 2 Timothy 1:17; Mark 16:18; James 5:14,15

6 comments:

Amber said...

1st half of post:
Wow, that's quite a driveway! And sounds like another adventure hauling the goods up the mountain.
I was a bit jealous at the amount of trees I saw along the driveway! We have 1 puny excuse for a tree in the front yard.
But that ice sure looked like pretty scary!
Glad the sandman came out to help.

2nd half of post.
Amen.
What else can I say!
I too feel life will be as you see it. Look for the good God has given you and you will find it and more. Look for the bad and you will find it.

I have a saying,
Life is a choice. You can make it great or not.
You may not choose the events in your life, but you and you alone are responsible for how you react.

My family has seen a few miracles. Each one has reminded me that this life is nothing with out God, but it can be everything with God!

Great post!!

Enjoy a peacefull walk in the trees for me!

Heather said...

Good stuff, outdoormom.

Can't believe your driveway is the worst ever this year--don't worry, spring is on the way!

Love you!

Simple Home said...

I love the way you and your kids make an adventure out of everything...of course, your life is definitely and adventure :-) We all marvel.

This was a very inspiring post. Both your words and the ones of the author you shared. I've never heard of that book, but it sounds like one I'd love to find. Wonderful scriptures sharing the goodness of God and saving grace of His son Christ Jesus!
Have a wonderful Sunday :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

mamahasspoken said...

Your driveway reminded me so much of where I grew up! I lived on a gravel road, full of hills and valleys, curves and not many straight and flat places. We learned to hike the mile to the main road. Glad that you are doing great both physically and spritually.

Anonymous said...

That is quite a driveway! I too love that everything is an adventure for your family. Will there be a new problem of mud when the thaw comes?

Caroline said...

Brilliant post. Reading this from England where our winters are so mild in comparison. So glad you got your groceries up your driveway!

You are so right about counting our blessings and being thankful for what we have.