Welcome to YAAK Adventures


WELCOME TO YAAK ADVENTURES

Live Richly, Live Free. Embrace All The Blessings From Our Creator and Marvel in His Creation.







Tuesday, March 10, 2009

i shopped, i conquered

As you may be aware, yesterday I went shopping with some other females from our area. It was our "accountability group field trip" if you will. We had a good day. At 5:30 am, my friends Hazel (and her youngest 2 kids) and Mist (and her dog Trotty) hiked up our hill. My daughter, the sock fashion expert, babysat for the three year old who I will call "Nellie". Hazel and I took our babies along with us, and Mist took Trottie. We began the three and a half hour trek to a large far away city.
While we were gone, Nellie had a wonderful day of playing, eating and having a three hour nap. I was happy to hear the three year old consumed 3 waffles, a bowl of strawberries, a bowl of cereal, a glass of milk, a sandwich, a helping of breakfast bake, an apple, half a piece of cake and a cookie. This pleased me considerably. She also went sledding, played Barbies and did a host of other activities with my daughter.
I began to get concerned when the girls and I had spent an hour and a half in the store "Ross", (and it was our first stop). None of us gets out much and the idea of being inside of a discount store without a man sitting in the car waiting was just to much for us. After that, we power shopped at Target, Borders, TJ Max, the Mall, A health food store, Wal Mart, Salvation Army and ending the parade at Costco.
It was uneventful other than an unusually loud checker at Salvation Army feeling the need to call the manager several times while were in line (and that same man misplacing the item I was intending to purchase)!
Before heading home, we dined at "Hu Hot" a Mongolian grill where you select your own food and watch men spinning spatulas while they cook your food. We all ate way too much!! Trottie did surprisingly well in the car other than a suspicious wet spot on my jacket (which may have been snow).
I was quite troubled, however, at my sense of fashion and what looks good on people. It seems I had quite a different opinion of what looks good on all of us. I was puzzled until my husband explained it to me (then I was shocked and horrified). He reminded me that I am at least 10 years older than them and that it would be like my mother giving me advice on what to wear. He reminded me that my generation does not hold to the same ideas of style and of how things should be worn. I am once again reminded that my 20's are far removed. Oh well, maybe they can teach this "old dog" some new tricks ;-)
I am also pleased to report that I am once again able to fit into my pre pregnancy clothes and am sustaining my pre pregnancy weight with 1 week to go on my 2 month sugar fast.

4 comments:

Heather said...

You make me laugh!

I'm glad you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

that's awesome
I feel you on the reminder that your twenties are over
;-)
that happens to me ALLL the time

Ron & Maria said...

I think it's cool that you're hanging with younger chicks! Keeps us young!

I am amazed that you're still on the sugar fast. I lasted all of 5 minutes... maybe next time...

Keep up the great work!

Mama Bear said...

well, this is kinda like my massage today. it was a little something you did for yourself.


ps: love tj maxx!