Welcome to YAAK Adventures


WELCOME TO YAAK ADVENTURES

Live Richly, Live Free. Embrace All The Blessings From Our Creator and Marvel in His Creation.







Saturday, June 13, 2009

One Cute Little Dish to Wash



Here's One Cute Little Dish to Wash! Now about her dad.........

Some very exciting things have been happening in our neck of the woods! Every time my husband preaches, he gets in a really good mood. I think it has something to do with him going down in the basement with his Bible and being down there for hours. Possibly it's the absence of noisy children and a nagging wife, or possibly its a God kind of thing. Whatever the reason, he's been in a good mood for days now.
He's a gifted, multi-talented man. He can do just about anything. I tell people that he's kind of like the guy in "Catch Me if You Can". Don't get me wrong, he's not a counterfeit money con artist, just multi talented. When we learned to snowboard, he was taking black diamonds and doing jumps the first couple of days out. When he was in aviation school, he was at the top of his class and even learned to fly in a tail wheel aircraft. When he's needed jobs in years past, he's created them. Any interest he's had, he just started doing it and was naturally good. He's the kind of guy you don't want to try something new with (if your competitive) because you can just assume, he's going to be better.
Any way, we do all our own home improvement to keep costs down. Of course my husband can do anything and so he bought carpet for our living room. He's been dreading putting it in for over a month now. We bought it and it just sat down in the basement for what seemed like eons. I had given up the idea of ever seeing it unrolled. Today was the big day! He put it in! Very Exciting. Photos will be sure to follow.
Yesterday, we went for a bike ride. He was in a really good mood. He rode circles around me (literally). I think he might have been showing off a little but don't tell him I told you that. He was always good at trick riding in high school.
For years I've been wanting to participate in a long distance swim. We haven't seen eye to eye on it in years gone by. Yesterday, he looked on the Internet with me and actually drove my registration to the mailbox for me so it would make the deadline!
I don't know what I'm going to do now that my husband is in such a great frame of mind. Not that he's normally a grumpy person or anything. He's just been doing these amazing things that I hoped about and waited for for a long time. I don't know what to do with myself with so many good things going on. I usually thrive in adversity and there's not much to be found these days. I have nothing to pout about. Nothing to be mad about. Nothing to be frustrated over. Can I be happy without having something to be trying not to be upset about?

3 comments:

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

You crack me up. Just bask in the glow of everything going well. Tak ea breather. ;)
And I totally know what you mean about a hubby who can do everything and be good @ it. It's a blessing I know but it drives me nuts sometimes. My hubby will want to do something so he will read a book and do it or just pick something up and be really good @ it. And I stink and have to strive for things. Grrrrr! So not fair.

Janalee May Duarte said...

Your little Baby Doll is Sooo CUTE! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a Great day!

toytrkman said...

I'm not very good at cooking, organizing, being satisfied with one job, or birthing babies.