Welcome to YAAK Adventures


WELCOME TO YAAK ADVENTURES

Live Richly, Live Free. Embrace All The Blessings From Our Creator and Marvel in His Creation.







Monday, July 20, 2009

Wednesday Weigh In (2 days 2 early)




As promised, here is my over due Wednesday Weigh In Photo. I am planning to take my daughter to a Christian Rock Festival far away and so I will not be around on Wednesday to put up this post. I also have a horrible terrible (almost too awful) real life tale to tell that is still turning my stomach as I type. Keep in mind that I am an emergency room nurse and so if its turning my stomach, its got to be ABOMINABLE!!

So today was like any other. I exercised like a good girl (and swam the lake perimeter), but ate too much at the church pot luck. I have not been a good girl about writing down what I consume (or even being very prayerful). As a result, I have a big fat ZERO for pounds lost this week. This mindless eating is what got me into the horrible terrible predicament.......I almost can't type it... oh ug!

So as I got to work tonight, and sat down in the report room, I noticed a bag of cherries. Immediately, before report even started, Miss Belly Fat notified me that the cherries were sitting to the right of me and that I had better pop one into my mouth. Such as is the custom of food sitting on the report room table. Well, mindlessly, I obeyed Miss Belly Fat (something I do all to often). After I popped the cherry into my mouth, I noticed something white in the bag moving. As I looked down, to my horror I saw a white worm squiggling around. Quickly I spit out the cherry. A few seconds later, I felt something in my mouth. Gingerly, I reached into my mouth to find....... another squiggly white worm!! Oh the horror!! I am still gagging (and it's been 7 hours now). This was a good illustration to me that I should not be mindlessly popping food into my mouth.

The good thing that I did accomplish this week is swimming 1.86 miles (for the first time ever) and I did it in 2 hours. This was really exciting for me because the swim that I am doing is 1.76 with a 2 1/2 hour time limit. Hooray! Now I know I can do it :-)

8 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

Okay, I'm going to think about this post when I want to snack today. Might help me not to! Great job on all that swimming! Have fun at the concert!

Blessings each day said...

Whoa...I STILL have the heebie jeebies after reading that...the wiggling around part really got to me! We had friends who ate 2/3rds of a bag of cherries and then the hubby decided to cut out the pits in the rest of them and found worms (but no wiggling reported) in each cherry!!! And I love cherries, but will be cutting first now!
That was not only abominable but it was also abdominably upsetting (sorry I couldn't help myself).

Btw, you ARE funny, but I couldn't resist (no self control here!) asking which of the children were driving).

blessings,

marcy

The imPerfect Housewife said...

Cute blog!!! Thanks for visiting me ~ and you're losing weight on-line and showing pictures...yep, you're my new idol!!! That's so awesome because I never let my kids take pictures of me and I know someday I'll regret it. OK, the cherry thing....UGHHHHHHHH!!! Poor thing. Take care ~

toytrkman said...

Well, it is better that the worms be alive and fresh than dead and rotten.

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog today! I am enjoying reading all about your life-one of my two daughters has four children and expecting #5. Both my daughters homeschool here in Colorado. Great job on exercising and being disciplined on what you eat-although I struggle with weight I love that cherries actually help your lose water-a good diuretic but don't think the worms help-lol.
I'll be back to visit.
Blessings to you.

Ron & Maria said...

eewwwww! who would have thought cherries would be bad for you? uck!
Next time go for the cherry chocolate icecream!

Sunshine Mama said...

I can't EVEN imagine that happening to me. oh. my. gosh. How aweful, you poor thing. If Bugs are bad then wiggly white worms are the worst. And in your mouth of all things.
Well, I hear you with snacking being a challenge, it totally is for me. Just remember, tomorrow is a new day. You can do it. Good job on all that swimming! Now that is an accomplishment.

kIaNa said...

At least it was a whole worm and not a half lol!