Welcome to YAAK Adventures


WELCOME TO YAAK ADVENTURES

Live Richly, Live Free. Embrace All The Blessings From Our Creator and Marvel in His Creation.







Friday, February 13, 2009

The End of My Month Long White Sugar Fast


My life has been a combination of home schooling kids, nursing a baby, fitness, work, friendships, relationships and that crazy feeling that everything is mixed up in there leaving me with feelings of a cup running over.............
Last night, by the light of the moon, I became "super boob woman". Really, I just worked a night shift with that ever reminding feeling that somebody small out there was waiting for a meal that could not be delivered until morning.
I've also been cross country skiing. It has felt so heavenly to be out there. The deer are thick behind my house. There is a huge increase in the wolf population here. Something tells me that the deer may be taking refuge in this sparsely populated valley because of them. Today my eldest son found scores of wolf tracks up a nearby mountain. One set of tracks is bigger than his hands! He compared them to the size of grizzly tracks, but they are wolf. He found blood trails from deer after being attacked by the pack.
I have decided to continue my sugar fast for another month. Tomorrow would have been the last day. I have so much more energy. Today Kevin and I hiked a long way in the snow, probably 3-4 miles. The weather is perfect for being outdoors. The snow is packing down, but not too icy. Yesterday I hiked with Moonbeam in the pack carrying cross country skis and then skied down a remote trail with her. Oh it was heavenly. I wish that I could give everybody this new found energy and drive that I am feeling. As much as I love cheesecake and chocolate, I wouldn't trade this feeling for anything I could consume.

6 comments:

Joanne said...

That's great! We do our best to stay away from sugar of any form ... it really makes me feel a lot better. It's not always easy to avoid it though.

Your house/land looks beautiful!

In Christ,
Joanne

Eric and Hannah Avery said...

Thanks for the comment about my blog. You know, your life seems extremely fun, what with mountains, snow, hunting, wolves. Kinda scary about the wolves. But you are pretty blessed!

outdoor.mom said...

nice having you on my blog Joanne :-) thanks!!

Thanks Gracegirl!! I think working at a ministry would be exciting!!! Also having your whole life ahead of you you have so many adventures to come :-)

Heather said...

I'm so proud of you! And also scared of the monster wolves. . .

Mama Bear said...

what a life. just looking at the photo of the snowy mountian with the deer, gave me a sense of winter. you are awfully blessed. i want a taste of that newfound energy!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous picture!