Welcome to YAAK Adventures


WELCOME TO YAAK ADVENTURES

Live Richly, Live Free. Embrace All The Blessings From Our Creator and Marvel in His Creation.







Saturday, February 14, 2009

"Hope for the Best" Hearty Waffles

As many of you may know, I spent an ample amount of time making fun of my own domestic abilities. Every so often, I put up a new recipe involving "dumps" and "hits" of things. I am very rebellious when it comes to recipes and I cannot seem to follow one without some form of deviation. Its a good thing that the recipe police do not come often to this remote place in which I live because if they did, they would find that I think so far out of the box that it will no longer let me back in. They would haul me away on the spot. That said, here is my newest deviation in waffles (for a big family my size).

2 cups Bisquick
2 cups oat flour
1-2 hits of cracked wheat
3/4 cup white bread flour
2 2/3 cups milk
2 eggs
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp baking powder
part of a tsp of salt
a dump of raw honey
2 hits of Saigon Cinnamon
2 dumps real vanilla


Top your waffles with fresh strawberries and real whipped cream.


My 17 year old rarely eats pancakes or waffles and this time he actually did!! Everybody else ate them too. This was a rare but rewarding day :-) Of course he had just spent several hours snow shoeing up a mountain and so he was feeling quite famished.

3 comments:

Adriana aka AJ said...

Happy Valentines to you too!
I don't seem to follow recipes very well either, maybe that's why I don't cook often=)

Anonymous said...

Those sound scrumptious!

Mama Bear said...

i am so there with you on deviating on the ol' recipes. i cannot help myself. if a recipe calls for certain things, i am certain, without my added ingredients -thought of on a whim.. there's no way it's going to turn out right.