Welcome to YAAK Adventures


WELCOME TO YAAK ADVENTURES

Live Richly, Live Free. Embrace All The Blessings From Our Creator and Marvel in His Creation.







Saturday, April 4, 2009

don't get them wet or feed them after midnight

Today we had our weight loss/accountability meeting at Hazels which is evolving into more of a Bible Study. Hazel lives in a one and a half room cabin with a loft. Her bathroom is an outhouse behind the cabin. Her kitchen sink drains into a 5 gallon bucket. Hazel and her husband Matthew bought land, built a simple cabin and live there happily with their 3 girls. In order to maintain a sense of privacy, the rest of the family is kicked outdoors since there is no place else for them to go. While Matthew worked industriously on his garage type outbuilding, the two oldest girls played outside - well kind of. They walked by the window multiple times with pained expressions on their adorable faces. Though it was quite warm out, they figured they needed some kind excuse to be in with the women. One even claimed she was tired and needed a nap. To no avail, their mother made them stay outside. We had a nice get together. Then we hiked to a nearby waterfall. It was refreshing. I continue to covet the attitude of contentment I find in these women. I find it quite ironic that some of the older women in our church think I am the one leading this group. Though I'm 10 years older than most of them, I'm probably the most immature and carnal one in the bunch.
I also took my kayak out for the first time this spring. It was incredibly peaceful. A Canadian goose flew in front of my kayak for a short distance. Pussy willows are beginning to emerge along the river banks. Other than almost tipping myself in the icy depths getting in, it was pure tranquility.
Later we all played a rousing game of badminton and watched the old movie "Gremlins", an 80's flick my husband and I watched when we were kids. Our kids just aren't impressed with 80's graphics. Well it was a good day anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*laughs* thank you for your sympathy towards my algebra! :)
Oh, read my latest post, will you? I'd love to have a woman's viewpoint on this ( I already have my mother's :)
I like Badmitton!
I've never seen Gremlins other than the cover, but I used to have a Gremlins toy! :)
I love old movies, we watch tons of them! I probably know more old and older movie stuff than any other kid my age (besides my brother and sister!)
Wow, where do you live!?
Wherever it is, I wish I lived there!
Anar kaluva tielyanna!
Lady Ëarwen

Heather said...

I remember gremlins from when we were kids!

Isn't it funny that you were coveting contentment? Very ironic, and it gave me a chuckle.

Your blog is so much fun to read! I just told Jacob, "What would I do without my sister's blog?!"

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

I wish I could live as simply as your friend.