Welcome to YAAK Adventures


WELCOME TO YAAK ADVENTURES

Live Richly, Live Free. Embrace All The Blessings From Our Creator and Marvel in His Creation.







Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Monthly Miracle Memory

Well, I'm working again tonight. It seems like I go from one busy thing to the next. As usual, my house has evolved into a disaster zone that few would dare to enter. I also had the rare privilege of writing one paragraph for a national magazine. I am excited about this rare moment of fame. I was limited to 50-60 words in my paragraph and as most of you are aware I am a wordy woman. This created an insurmountable challenge for me. I turned it in over the allotted amount. Perhaps I will be recognized for my writing abilities and be given a monthly column. Later I will be discovered and eventually go on to become a world famous author. I suppose you may be thinking that there are better chances of my gaining elf like archery and acrobatic abilities as I have been day dreaming about. I suppose either of those fantasies coming to pass would be all right.
Since I know you have all been waiting to hear about my monthly miracle memory I will hold back no longer. Years ago, in my early 20's I was just learning about being a good submitted wife. That "S" word has always been a struggle for me, and continues to be. Anyway, I was working a night shift doing pediatric home care at the time. I felt like the Lord was speaking to my heart about going fishing that day. I was just sure that He was telling me that I could go. The more I thought about it, the more excited I got. On my way home that morning I met my husband on the road. He was driving away to go fishing with some friends. I told him I was going with him. He was determined that I wasn't going. He wanted me to stay home and get some rest since I had to work that night. I felt really confused. I knew it wouldn't be right to argue so I just drove on home. I had felt sure that God had spoke to my heart about it. I was trying very hard to keep a good attitude.
At home I wondered how it would happen since the place he was going was a long way away. I knew I couldn't drive there since I had worked all night. Just as I was wondering to myself how it was all going to work out, my husband came driving back down the driveway. The presence of God had convicted him. He said he literally couldn't drive any further. He had to come back and get me.
This may sound like a strange miracle, but it has been an example to me ever since. When I keep my heart right, God always comes through for me. I believe that great power is available to us when we submit to divine authority, particularly when we submit to our husbands in a Godly manner. I hope it will inspire you.

Ephesians 5:21-23 (New King James Version)

22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.

2 comments:

Not your Happily Ever After said...

well said!

Heather said...

Thank you for this reminder to give up our own opinions and wishes to submit to the Father, and to our husbands. It's not an easy thing, and not popular either, but it's vital to our relationship with God and to the health of our marriages.

And I'm all for giving you a monthly column! In the meantime, we're all eyes on what you'll blog about next. You're an excellent writer!!