Welcome to YAAK Adventures


WELCOME TO YAAK ADVENTURES

Live Richly, Live Free. Embrace All The Blessings From Our Creator and Marvel in His Creation.







Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Son, The Honorable Archer




Psalm 127:4 (New King James Version) Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
So are the children of one’s youth.





I've been thinking for some time about writing a post about my eldest son. He is an incredible man. As a young child, he was very obedient, good natured and even took 4 hour naps! The naughtiest thing he ever used to do (that I know of) was to hide in the bathroom for untold hours when he was supposed to be doing his school work. I finally got wise and started sending work in with him when it was time for "the big job".
My son, The Archer, never ceases to amaze me. He hikes for miles out in the vast wilderness. He has encountered all manner of wild animal. He's been stalked by predators and he has stalked more than his share of wild game. He's come face to face with a host of animals that many people just dream of seeing. He's athletic, rugged and strong. Most importantly, he loves God with all his heart. Though he's tough and smart, his heart is soft toward God.
Many times he's been out in the wild and felt God speaking to him to go somewhere or not to. By obeying God, he has literally avoided many manners of danger including a Grizzly which he later encountered coming from the direction in which he was told not to go. God has blessed him with a keen sense in the forest and with wisdom beyond his years.
He has always tithed his money from the time he started earning it. I find it amusing that he has more than most teenagers and its not because we've bought him all that much. Just last weekend he found a $20 bill laying in the mud when we were in town. He took that money and invested it into something that instantly was worth $50. That kind of ability to gain wealth is a supernatural blessing that comes from being obedient to God with your finances.
He has always helped us out a lot. He babysits the younger kids when I am working. He does chores without complaining. He is kind to his sisters and brothers. I have come to depend on his strength in our family. Last winter when my husband was gone at work, he used our other 4wd with chains to pull me out of snow ruts several times when I was trying to get to and from work myself.
In fact, I don't know of any other 17 year olds who are so mature, dependable and honorable as my son. Certainly he will do great things in his life time. The other day he gave me a hug and kissed me on the cheek. He said "Mom, thanks for raising us. Thanks for raising a big family". Because he honors his mom and dad, I am counting on this scripture coming to pass for him: Exodus 20:12 (New King James Version) “ Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you."

I'm so proud of my oldest son. He never ceases to exceed my expectations of him. I don't always express my appreciation for him like I should, but I hope that he knows I'm very proud of him and that I love him lots :-)

5 comments:

Ron & Maria said...

Thank you for your beautiful comments! They mean a lot to me.

Whitney said...

Thank you for commenting about the lake photo...I love taking photos of that lake because it seems to look different every day :)

LaVonne said...

You are blessed to have a great son. You must have done many "right" things. And prayed hard. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Stop by again anytime!

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I'm starting a newsletter!
And I live in Georgia.
I'm a Washington girl born and bred, but I live in Georga... Year next Thursday!!

Heather said...

I agree. I've always been so impressed with your oldest son. He's been pretty special to me since I was 11 (when he was born)! I was impressed last week when we talked on the phone that when I asked him how everybody was over there, he automatically started talking about Moonbeam and how she pulls herself all over, finding things she shouldn't. And I love how he really enjoys playing with my girls.

You've done a wonderful job, and praise the Lord for His faithfulness to him, too. :)