Welcome to YAAK Adventures


WELCOME TO YAAK ADVENTURES

Live Richly, Live Free. Embrace All The Blessings From Our Creator and Marvel in His Creation.







Sunday, April 26, 2009

a flood of water and seeds and other crazy dreams

Today I did the missionary report at my church. Almost every time i get up and speak at some public function I think I might hurl. To make matters worse, God got involved. He gave me this Scripture to read and an example with it. I argued with Him. I didn't like the idea of adding in some Scripture. To be completely honest, I have a horrible fear of man and am always sure I am going to offend somebody somehow. After putting together a slide show on my laptop of the missionary family and printing off a couple of their updates, I visited and reminisced with the kids. Then I went off to bed somewhat pouting (about the scripture).
That night I dreamed my car was trapped on a flooded road. I couldn't get to church to give the missionary report. I had to call the brother of the sister whom I was reporting about. Then the entire church was filled with seeds from front to back everywhere in the walkway. I tossed, I turned, finally I said "fine I'll share the Scripture." When I got up, I wondered if the road would be flooded since the river has been rising. It wasn't. No seeds were in the church when I got there. Amazingly, I was able to get the kids there on time even though my husband wasn't there. Luckily, I noticed that one car had an empty tank and I turned around and got the other one. I would have felt really stupid running out of gas and hitching a ride to church to do the missionary report.
God had put it on my heart to send them a box of stuff. When I told the girls (in our group) that it costs $50 to send they got a shocked look. I told them it was fine, we'd trust God for the money to send it. I have to laugh because people have handed me $85 for shipping expenses besides bags of toiletries. God just has this way of getting things together. What can I learn from this post that probably doesn't have a good clear conclusion? Well, possibly make sure that you check your gas gauge early in your drive (and preferably before you leave home). Its best to obey God on what to say at church (otherwise you may have a restless night dreaming about floods and seeds). Oh, and if you read "deer stew delivery lady", a girl stopped over today to tell me that she and her dad were arguing who was going to have to cook supper. They were both tired and didn't want to do it. She said she really appreciated the stew. That was pretty cool.
By the way, here's the scripture :
Isaiah 59:19
So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow. . .powerful scripture.

It's good to see how God is working!

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

It's awesome that you put together a presentation for a missionary family. I can't get up in front of a crowd. :)